Thursday, March 25, 2010
Finally found the best, the simplest and yet delicious basic butter cake recipe. I copied the recipe from Pea Delicacies with a little bit adjustment on the technique when come to adding the egg. A friend told me not to put the whole egg, to get better result. Just beat the white egg at the last process untill it really pluffy and add into your butter. And yes!!!....it's owesome. Habis licin kek pertama yang masak. ...now anak2 masih mintak buat lagi...kali ni nak letak icing pulak...
Here is the recipe :
Basic Butter Cake
200gm castor sugar
4 eggs(saperate the white egg)
1 tsp vanilla essence
200gm self raising flour, sifted with ½ tsp salt
4 tbsp fresh UHT milk
• Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 170C
• Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
• Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy.
• Add vanilla essence.
• Fold in sifted flour gradually to mix.
• Finally stir in milk. Mix until well combined.Set aside.
• Beat the egg white till pluffy and add into the batter. fold it nicely.
• Turn out mixture into prepared tin.
• Level out mixture at the sides but allow a shallow well in the center. This is to enable the cake to level up evenly during baking.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.