Sunday, January 16, 2011
How Brownies Work
If you are willing to do a bit of experimenting, you can tweak the recipe to make your brownies just the way you like them.
To make your brownies more cake-like:
* Increase the amount of flour in your recipe.
* Substitute cocoa for part of the solid chocolate.
* Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make your brownies fudgier:
* Decrease the amount of flour in your recipe.
* Increase the amount of fat by decreasing the amount of cocoa and increasing the solid chocolate. You can also add butter to make your brownies fudgier.
* Take your brownies from the oven when a toothpick comes with just a bit of batter still clinging to it.
To make your brownies crustier (but still with a moist interior):
* Beat the batter vigorously after the eggs are added.
* Lower the temperature to 300 degrees and bake the brownies longer.
To make your brownies less crusty:
* Mix the eggs into the batter gently. Stir only until mixed.
* Bake your brownies at 350 degrees.
Article Source : Prepared Pantry
Get a free baking ebook delivered to your inbox every week for 8 weeks. Get it now! >>